This is how you make it
- Make the dashi in advance. Place the shiitake, kombu and water in a bowl. Put in the fridge overnight. No time? Then let it soak for at least an hour.
- In a separate bowl, mix the kuzu with a little bit of liquid from the dashi, so that the kuzu cubes dissolve.
- Put the liquid from the dashi and the tahini in the blender and mix.
- Place in a saucepan and bring to a boil. Stir well and add the kuzu while continuing to stir. Reduce heat, stir for 3 minutes, then turn off heat.
- Stir now and then to prevent lumps.
- Put the mixture in small bowls or a container and let it cool in the refrigerator.
- Cut it into slices or wedges when serving.
- Pour a dash of shoyu or tamari over it and make if necessary. with a dot of wasabi.
- Delicious in ramen or miso soup, in salad or as a substitute for tofu.
- You can also replace dashi with water, then you miss that little bit of umami in the tofu. But if you really don't have time, you can. Replace with a mini bit of extra tamari.