This is how you make it
- Boil the somen in plenty of water for 3-4 minutes. Rinse under cold running water and drain.
- Cut the cucumber in half lengthwise. Cut into thin strips. Do the same with the carrot.
- Place in a deep plate and divide the genmai su over the vegetables to bring them to flavor.
- Peel the mango and cut into thin strips. Do the same with the avocado.
- Soak the rice sheets one by one in hot water. Gently lay on one plank and top with a small handful of somen, cucumber, carrot, mango, alfalfa and two slices of avocado.
- Roll up tightly to about half, fold the sides in and roll through. Repeat with the other rice sheets and the filling.
- Mix the ingredients for the sauce with the sushi vinegar you used for the cucumber and carrot and use as a dip.
- For the sauce, vary with other Japanese seasonings such as ponzu, ume or mirin.