This is how you make it
- Cut the tofu into small cubes of 1x1 cm. Mix with the tamari, hot sauce and ume paste. Marinate. The longer, the better!
- Boil the ramen for 2 minutes in a pan with plenty of boiling water. Drain and rinse with cold water.
- Finely chop the red onion and spring onions.
- Cut the garlic into thin slices.
- Melt the coconut oil in the frying pan. Fry the garlic for a minute until golden brown. Remove the garlic from the oil and set aside.
- Then fry the red onion in the pan. Add the tofu and fry for about 3 minutes.
- Add the ginger syrup or coconut blossom sugar.
- Add the spring onions and fry. Add the bean sprouts if you don't like raw bean sprouts.
- Add the noodles and fry briefly.
- Serve the plates.
- Divide the toppings over the pad thai: a handful of bean sprouts, lime wedges, roasted peanuts and some extra hot sauce.
Tip(s)In the traditional pad thai you use flat rice noodles. Its shape most resembles tagliatelle. We made pad thai with Thai rice noodles and soba. All very tasty. Your choice!