This is how you make it
- Start with the dressing. Put the sake in a saucepan and put on medium heat. Let the alcohol evaporate in a minute.
- Add the rest of the dressing ingredients.
- Let it simmer slowly for about 5 minutes on a low heat. Let it cool down. Remove the kombu strip from the sauce.
- Meanwhile, cook the soba in a pan with plenty of boiling water for 5-6 minutes. Rinse with cold water.
- Grate the radish. This is also possible with the shoga oroshi (Japanese ginger grater). Squeeze the moisture out of the radish, leaving the fleshy part of the radish.
- Finely chop the spring onion.
- Serve the plates with the soba noodles. Pour the cooled dressing over the soba. Garnish with radish, spring onion, aonori and a spoonful of umepasta.
- You can also replace the aonori with toasted nori. Cut or slice sushi nori into wafer-thin strips.
- Little time? Then make a quick dressing of 2 tbsp mirin, 2 tbsp tamari and 1 tbsp genmai su.