This is how you make it
- Peel or scrub the carrots with tawashi (vegetable brush). Cut them into slices or bars. Cut the red onions into pieces.
- Put the sesame oil in a large pan (with a lid). Fry the onions in a glass for about 2 minutes.
- Clean the garlic and grate the ginger. Add together with the cut carrots to the onions and fry for a minute or 2.
- Deglaze with the water and coconut milk.
- Place the genmai miso in a mug along with some hot water. Stir until the miso is dissolved. Add to the pan.
- Place the lid on the pan and let it simmer gently for about 25-30 minutes, until the carrots are soft.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Grind with a hand blender to a soft, creamy soup.
- Garnish with black sesame seeds or fresh parsley if you like.
- Do you like spicy? Then add 1-2 teaspoons of chili flakes to the miso paste.
- Delicious with homemade nori chips!
- No miso at home? Substitute for 1.5 stock cube with miso.